Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Art of Board Turns Old Skateboards into the Coolest Wall and Floor Tiles Ever

floor tiles, wall tiles, recycled materials, recycled skateboards, I ride I recycle, reader submitted content, Art of Board, green design, sustainable design, eco-design, recycled skateboards,


Recycling skateboards is all the rage lately, but these tiles are the coolest upcycled product we’ve seen to date. Art of Board is a lifestyle and design brand that embodies the creative spirit, freedom and individuality of skateboarding. The group’s hard and soft goods pay homage to a used skateboard deck’s scratches, gouges and worn graphics – capturing the true soul of skateboarding. Creators of the first-ever skateboard recycling movement, I Ride I Recycle, the movement allows skateshops, parks, board manufacturers and individual riders to be part of the brand’s designs by recycling their skateboards instead of tossing them in the trash. The brand’s goal is to keep wood waste out of landfills, support skateshops and parks, and empower youth. In addition to turning them into wall and floor tiles, the designers make iPhone cases, key rings, and a smorgasbord of other coolness. How do you say Love?


+ Art of Board


floor tiles, wall tiles, recycled materials, recycled skateboards, I ride I recycle, reader submitted content, Art of Board, green design, sustainable design, eco-design, recycled skateboards, floor tiles, wall tiles, recycled materials, recycled skateboards, I ride I recycle, reader submitted content, Art of Board, green design, sustainable design, eco-design, recycled skateboards, floor tiles, wall tiles, recycled materials, recycled skateboards, I ride I recycle, reader submitted content, Art of Board, green design, sustainable design, eco-design, recycled skateboards, floor tiles, wall tiles, recycled materials, recycled skateboards, I ride I recycle, reader submitted content, Art of Board, green design, sustainable design, eco-design, recycled skateboards, floor tiles, wall tiles, recycled materials, recycled skateboards, I ride I recycle, reader submitted content, Art of Board, green design, sustainable design, eco-design, recycled skateboards,

The article above was submitted to us by an Inhabitat reader. Want to see your story on Inhabitat? Send us a tip by following this link. Remember to follow our instructions carefully to boost your chances of being chosen for publishing!




Permalink | Add to del.icio.us | digg

Post tags: Art of Board, eco design, floor tiles, green design, I ride I recycle, reader submitted content, Recycled Materials, recycled skateboards, sustainable design, wall tiles






















Green Living - Building, Home, Auto & Lifestyles

No comments:

Post a Comment